Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bloggus Linkus

Most of the time I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, but luckily I keep up with the articles that other people worthwhil-ly contribute. Here's a sample from this week:

This NYTimes article explains why I'm so blue lately: the "jarring end to the Pax Americana." Must be that. Probably doesn't have to do with anything else. Nevertheless, this article is worth the read through because it's at once timely and historical and the writing is pretty sharp. The observations are familiar but it feels like a call to action.

I linked this article from Time because I like the phrase "vainglorious temperament." And it must be an important piece because NPR reported on the story during Kojo Nnamdi on Friday.

Not so much an article, but an important schedule nonetheless. This site lists the FREE Kennedy Center Millennium Stage performances through the end of February.

This website might piss you off. I certainly didn't like seeing equal columns on the climate debate because I didn't think there really was one. But since it's 12 degrees outside and my heater is on the fritz (Captain Fuzz hasn't come out from under the covers in days), I found myself searching for an update on when we can expect some global warming to show up. This is the place to go if you are an information junkie. Warning: some links open PDF docs, but the research is pretty well documented.

This makes me so so happy. It's not from this week, but it's joyous news!!

This is for when you've got a lot of time on your hands. Or need to keep your computer on because your apartment is 35 degrees.

More links from one of my favorite sites. "Idioms are for the birds." HA! Almost as good as Comcast's "Count on your phone?" I die every time I see that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home