Saturday, September 30, 2006

From Beneath You, It Devours

So we've been away from the blog for ages. "Where have you guys been?!?!" you might ask (or not). Well, I finished grad school sometime back in May, and after a brief jaunt to Costa Rica with Jezebel and the rest of my family (can you say Mojito?), I went to work for a giant company called (insert consulting company name here). Work has been easy in that insanely busy sort of way, only requiring me to work a mere 14 hours a day on a semi-regular basis. My "reward" for having done that for two of the last three months is to go to training for the next 2 weeks. The excitement is contagious, I'm sure. To be fair, the training is in Boston, where two of my dear friends from college days (and beyond) live, so I'm confident that I'll find some creative ways to spend my per diem allowance on at least a few of the nights that I'm there. I figure as long as I'm able to spell my name the next morning I'll be in good enough shape to show up for training. Besides, I work in a division of my company that doesn't require travel the way most consulting jobs do, so I suppose I'm at least a little bit lucky to be traveling to a decent city instead of having a regular weekly trip to Cumberland, Maryland or somewhere else of equal excitement.

Jezebel, on the other hand, has begun her final year in school, and soon enough she will have her degree and will be back in the workforce. I think she's getting rather anxious to be done with school, though my recent experience has shown that you begin to miss the free time during the day quite quickly after returning to work. Nevertheless, homework has become the bane of her existence, and is also likely to further prolong her absence from the blog.

So there you have it. Hopefully this post will serve as a sign of at least our occasional return to the 1225 sunrise.

Happy weekend all. Don't drink until you throw up, unless you're into that kind of thing.

P.S. - I have no idea why I titled this post the way I did, but I'm more than confident that our faithful readership (that means both of you) will know where it comes from.

2 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger MKD said...

Why you hating on C-land, yo?

 
At 10/16/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger asianpixie said...

I thought hell froze over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home